Life is busy. Marketers are busy. How you spend your professional and free time is precious. As most of us are always on the go and have our iPhone or mobile device in-hand or nearby, retrieving or submitting information, making a purchase or just checking in on the latest headlines, can all be done with one of the Apps that will be discussed in this blog.
Let’s start out by asking a few questions:
- Are you overwhelmed?
- Are you stressed?
- Are you burning the midnight oil almost daily?
- Are you constantly on your mobile device?
If you answered yes to at least one of these questions, we’re certain that this blog will be relevant and provide value for you. So, let’s get right into it.
According to research performed by Oxygen Labs, there are 1.35M apps available for Android users, 1.3M apps available for Apple/IOS users and 150,000 for Blackberry users. Did these stats come close to what you might have expected? While there are millions of Apps and each one is tailored to do something unique and different, we will focus on ten Apps that will be useful for marketers and business professionals.
- Hootsuite – Hootsuite is a social media management platform that gives you instant and convenient access to all of your social media channels as well as provides analytics to help you best increase you’re following and traffic.
- Facebook – This is a handy app if you’re using Facebook as one of your main social media channels for your business as you can share status updates and content with your followers on the move.
- WordPress - WordPress is the most popular blogging tool for personal and business use. With its easy to use App, you can update your blog via smartphone or tablet, upload and edit posts as well as manage user comments on the move.
- LinkedIn - The LinkedIn App gives you a useful communication tool that will keep you up to speed with your professional network. Stay up to date with your LinkedIn connections; follow industry influencers to receive regular insights and professional content and search for fellow LinkedIn users, companies and groups and access your LinkedIn messages.
- Mashable – Mashable delivers the latest news on technology, Apps, mobile information, social media and general news. Mashable is a must-have for those who want in on the industry news before it breaks, to stay ahead of developments and never be left in the dark.
- TED – The TED App presents talks from some of the world’s most fascinating people: education tech geniuses, business gurus and music legends. There are more than 1,700 TEDTalk videos that are updated on a weekly basis and delivered in high or low res formats based on your network connectivity. You can set up your own playlist to watch later and find something by tags, themes, or related talks.
- DropBox - DropBox allows you to store, sync and share folders online on a straightforward interface. Use the DropBox App to store photos, videos and documents and access them anytime and anywhere with an internet connection. You have the option to share DropBox files with colleagues and other contacts, allowing file sharing for remote marketing teams.
For all the small business owners, pay special attention to the next 3 Apps:
- Square Register – Square enables users to manage a business from anywhere by accepting credit cards using a free card reader. Square takes a 2.75% cut for all major credit cards without merchant accounts or hidden fees. The funds from swiped payments are deposited into your bank account within 1-2 business days.
- CardMunch – This free App, owned by LinkedIn turns your business cards into LinkedIn Connections simply by taking a photo.
- MileLog - MileLog helps you keep track of all your business the personal trips in a visually stunning way! Reports can be generated and emailed for expense reports or business purposes.
Effective use of your time is key to leading a fulfilling life and being more productive. As 2014 is coming to a close, why not start your year off with being more productive and successful personally and professionally.
Please contact W Marketing Services by clicking here if we can be of assistance.
- Twitter for your Business
- Top 5 New Year’s Resolution Tips for Marketers