As 2014 is coming to an end and the beginning of a New Year is upon us, now is the perfect time to make New Year’s resolutions both personally and professionally. Perhaps, it’s spending more time with family and friends or it’s starting a new diet – whatever it is take the time to think about your accomplishments in 2014 and how you want to start the New Year.
Are any of your resolutions marketing related? Did you throw out ideas for better time management, how you want to grow your business or how to become a better leader? If you don’t have your marketing list yet, it’s time to start developing one and W Marketing Services can help.
Before we jump in, do you know what is and isn’t working from your marketing efforts? Were you campaigns tracked? A nice starting point is to understand your successes and where your opportunities are.
- Have a marketing plan – Starting the year off with a marketing plan that outlines how you plan to accomplish your business goals, ensures that you accurately allocate you budget for campaign testing and tracking with weekly or monthly check points ensures accountability and allows for better optimization based on what is working. Whether you are a business owner or work for a large corporation, a marketing plan is your road map for success.
- Make your website mobile friendly (aka responsive) – Mobile is a hot topic these days with all the technology giants competing for your time, attention and money. Mobile traffic continues to increase with approximately 30% of web traffic coming from mobile devices. If you’re not familiar with the concept of responsive design, W Marketing Services can help. In a nutshell, your website needs to be tweaked to ensure that the look and functionality of your website looks and acts the same whether the user is on a desktop or mobile device.
- Have fresh content on your website – Content is king. As competition for getting your website to rank on the first page of Google, one of the main ingredients that helps with SEO, is having fresh content on your website. Adding new content can be an easy “quick fix” if your website is relatively new or it can take a bit longer if your content is old and a bit stale. If you use Google Analytics or any web based tracking tool, you can evaluate what types of content are working – this could be measured based on social engagement and shares, clicks, low bounce rates, etc. Sometimes, simply changing headlines, adding new images and Alt Text will help. A content strategy is recommended to ensure continual optimization.
- Blogging – Blogging can be an extension of your website or a stand-alone site depending upon your business objective. Blogging is an effective way to feed your website with fresh content; keeping in mind that the content must be relevant, optimized for SEO and updated on a frequent basis. Additionally, a blog creates engagement and site ‘stickiness’ which aids in creating loyalty and repeat visits.
- Ensure social media is part of your marketing plan – There are many social media platforms today competing for your attention including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest and Instagram. It’s likely that over the course of the New Year, new social sites will begin to pop up. Before diving into the next big thing, ensure that you have a social strategy for the main sites mentioned above and that you’ve mastered how to effectively market to your users on these platforms.
W Marketing Services wishes you a happy and healthy 2015! We would be honored to help you plan and strategize for marketing success in 2015. Whatever your marketing resolutions may be, we can help you from start to finish – it all starts with having the right mindset and plan.
- 10 Top Mobile Apps for Marketers
- Tips to start your own business